Thursday, April 22, 2010

Don’t Be Jealous And Say Lead America Programs Are A Scam Since You’re Not Going

Lead America a Scam? No Way - My Experience Was Incredible

It’s spring break and I’m getting so psyched for this summer already. Looking forward to the Lead America Law & Justice program I’ll be attending in June. Some of my friends from school tell me that they heard Lead America is a scam, but it’s soooo not! Maybe they’re just jealous. I learned so much about myself. I know some of the kids goofed off and didn’t take it seriously, but my parents paid good money to send me, so I wanted to make the most of it. Every day is full of awesome activities and speakers. And I met kids from all over the country. I feel so lucky that I get to go to another one – can’t wait!!

This will be my second Lead America conference. The first one I went to was the Leadership University conference in D.C. three years ago – the summer before my freshman year in high school. It was awesome! I met so many cool people and my roommate and I are still good friends. Plus I keep in touch with a lot of other kids I met. The ropes course was especially cool. I was a little worried about it at first, but working together with everyone definitely made it easier, which was the point. And I was also nervous about the role-playing exercises cause even though I’m outgoing with my friends, I’m a little shy in front of strangers. But I got through it and it helped me gain confidence in my abilities. Anyone who thinks Lead America programs are a scam need to experience one first hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment